“A keystone species is a plant or animal that plays a unique and crucial role in the way an ecosystem functions. Without keystone species, the ecosystem would be dramatically different or cease to exist altogether.”
- National Geographic Education
Help us to create 10,000 Keystone Cadets
The Great One Horned Rhino and Asian Elephant (GOHRAE) are both keystone species and critical to the survival of the biodiversity of the earth. With their decline, the survival of the earth’s forests are under threat.
Activists, conservationists and governments are working hard to ensure their survival. They are making progress, but the vulnerability of these species only continues to mount. They face threats from poaching, floods, human encroachment and deforestation.
With this act, I am contributing to generating awareness and acknowledging their importance. I am taking responsibility for my role in their welfare. My voice strengthens the work being done for their conservation. It also helps Elrhino spread the word and accomplish its mission of creating a society of consumers who care.
With this letter, I pledge to be a Keystone Cadet.
As a Keystone Cadet, I will:
1. Never buy ivory or rhino horn products
2. Actively discourage others from buying or using ivory or rhino horn products
3. Share information and knowledge about these key species
4. Voice my dissent against actions that cause them obvious harm
5. Consciously make consumption choices that are beneficial for these animals
I want to receive information and news about the GOHRAE movement via email (once a month).